TruTeam History: Leading the Insulation Industry
Throughout TruTeam’s decades-long history, we have emphasized the importance of strong local partnerships. Almost all our divisions have been involved in their communities for over 20 years, drawing from the rich experience and legacies of local homebuilders and commercial contractors.
During our decades of growth, we’ve expanded our family to include homegrown divisions servicing 90% of major markets.
- 1946: Our locally run divisions began laying their roots and becoming trusted members in their local communities before becoming a part of our team.
- 1995: Our journey begins to become the number one insulation installer in the country with the acquisition of Gale Industries and its 100 locations in 23 states.
- 1999: Our services reach the East Coast with the acquisition of Cary Corporation.
- 2001: With our focus on making new homes more energy efficient and durable, we bring Building Science to the forefront. As part of this, we launch the award-winning Environments for Living program.
- 2002: We expand our distribution capability and gain access to 49 distribution centers and 52 contracting branches nationwide with the acquisition of our distribution company.
- 2003: We establish partnerships in new housing with agreements to complete 75% of the insulation work on new homes for several of the nation’s largest home builders.
- 2015: As the largest insulation installer and distributor in the country, TruTeam, together with its parent company, TopBuild, formed a separate and independent corporation.
- 2017: We moved into our brand new corporate headquarters in Daytona Beach, FL.
And we just keep growing!