Spray Foam Insulation Keeps Your Home Air-Sealed and Moisture-Tight
Spray foam insulation is a popular option for homeowners looking to cut down on energy costs. Spray foam can fill and weatherize all types of crevices and cavities, conforming to uniquely-shaped gaps around pipes, windows, cracks and doorways. It’s also easy to spray within walls, which helps avoid costly drywall repair.
After an initial consultation and inspection, TruTeam’s insulation installers mix the product on-site and deploy specialized spray foam equipment to give you immediate and quick results.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- Helps create a tight and continuous seal
- Helps increase a home’s energy-efficiency
- Minimizes air and moisture infiltration
Types of Spray Foam Insulation
There are two different types of spray foam technologies: open cell and closed cell.
A local TruTeam insulation expert inspects your home to determine which product, or product combination, is optimal.
Open Cell Spray Foam
- Ideal for interior application in walls, ceilings, attics, under the floor in basements and crawl spaces
- Adds to the structural soundness of a building, especially in flood zones
- Excellent as an air barrier insulation material
- Fills irregular cavities and areas that are tough to reach with conventional insulation
Closed Cell Spray Foam
- Ideal for exterior applications in addition to filling walls, crawlspaces, and basements.
- Has a higher compressive strength than open cell
Our local TruTeam division completes product-specific training and receives ongoing education from our suppliers and internal training staff. Our local installers show up on-site wearing safety gear to ensure safe application and compliance with the strictest OSHA safety standards.
Note: Plan ahead when choosing spray foam. Some manufacturers recommend remaining out of the home for up to 24 hours after application.