Last Updated April 23, 2009
Notice to International Visitors
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect two types of information when you interact with our Services: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
“Personal Information” means any information that can be used to identify you, including your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, and email address. We collect Personal Information about you when you voluntarily provide it to us through our Services, such as when you create an account or profile, order or register a product, order literature, enter contests or incentive programs, sign up for newsletters, participate in a survey, or contact customer service.
We may also receive Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, from your social media “friends”, and other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your online account with us, certain Personal Information from your social media account may be shared with us. In addition, our Services may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose use this feature, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you warrant that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
We may also collect Non-Personal Information as you use our Services. “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not reveal your individual identity or directly relate to you in a way that allows us to identify you, such as your postal or zip code, date of birth, gender, IP address, browser and operating system, time spent using our Services, and webpages you visited. For instance, an IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We also may collect your physical location (using the physical location of your device) through satellite, cell phone towers, or WiFi signals, in order to provide you with personalized location-based Services and content. We also gather and aggregate information to understand the overall usage of our Services so that we may continually improve their design and functionality, understand how our Services are used, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding our Services.
Data Collection Tools
We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“Principles”). This means that we allow you to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites for online interest based advertising purposes. More information about these Principles can be found at www.aboutads.info/.
If you want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices, or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ . An “opt-out” cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. If you delete cookies on your device generally, you will need to opt-out again. Please note that when you “opt-out” of receiving interest-based advertisements, this does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from us or on Services. It means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your particular interests.
In addition, please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Tools on the Services. When you “opt-out” of receiving interest-based advertisements through one of the links above, these Data Collection Tools may still collect information about your use of the Services, including for analytics and fraud prevention as well as any other purpose permitted under the Principles.
For example, we use Google Analytics which is a Google service that uses Data Collection Tools to collect anonymous information about use of our Services and report website trends. This service does not identify individual users. We may use an enhancement to Google Analytics called “Demographics and Interest Reporting,” through which Google provides us with information about our users’ demographics (e.g., age, gender) and interests. This information, which Google may collect by tracking a user’s behavior across third-party websites, helps us to learn more about our users. You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this enhanced tracking and opt out of it by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for all lawful purposes in the operation and conduct of our business. For example, we use Personal Information to:
- provide services you request, such as when we deliver our products and services to you;
- communicate with you, such as sending you important information regarding changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- facilitate our advertising and marketing programs, such as when we notify you of new products or promotions , personalize the content of ours Services, provide content tailored to your physical location, and show you ads that are relevant to you;
- administer our customer service and product support programs, such as when we respond to product information and registration requests, perform research to improve our customer service and product support, and seek to better understand our customer base;
- administer contests or incentive programs;
- facilitate on-line product visualization applications and preferred products catalogs
- facilitate social sharing functionality initiated by you;
- perform online sales and related transactions requested by you, such as fulfilling orders for parts and products or initiating refunds;
- ensure the integrity of our Services, such as monitoring security, facilitating navigation, displaying information more effectively, and diagnosing server problems;
- understand consumer preferences in developing product improvements and innovations, and to ensure that our Services are of interest to you; and
- if you apply for employment with us, to process your job application and administer your employment.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share Personal Information collected via our Services as follows.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Services, and to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, hosting dealer locater sites, providing order fulfillment, conducting advertising, providing customer service or product support, and to administer contests or incentive programs.
- Corporate Transaction or Reorganziation: We may share the Personal Information that we collect in the event of a merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, reorganization, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, or if you would prefer that we do not share Personal Information about you collected via our Services with Affiliated Entities or other third parties for such Affiliates Entities’ or other third parties’ marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related emails and from such sharing by emailing email@example.com. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of Affiliated Entities or other third parties with which we have shared your information prior to your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related emails from such Affiliated Entities or other third parties, please contact such Affiliated Entities or other third parties directly.
Notice Regarding Co-Branded Websites
Notice Regarding Public Forums
Certain Services, including our Social Media Pages, enable users to create their own profile page or submit their own content (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services). Any information you disclose in such a profile page or submission may be publicly available. You should exercise caution in deciding whether to disclose your personal, financial or other sensitive information there. We cannot prevent such publicly-available information from being used by others in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy and safety, and is not responsible or liable for the results of any postings or the use or disclosure of any information that you disclose via such postings.
Security of Personal Information
We take measures to protect Personal Information collected through our Services against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive Personal Information in any emails you send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive Personal Information to us via email. Note that we will not request sensitive Personal Information in our emails to you and you should verify the authenticity of any such request. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by calling or sending us a letter at the address below.
Notice Regarding Use of our Services by Children
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. We request that children do not provide Personal Information through our Services.
260 Jimmy Ann Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Policy last updated on July 1, 2015.