Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “shine the light” law), California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided personal information and which has disclosed their information to one or more third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing uses in the prior calendar year.
To make a request for information-sharing disclosure under this law, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that can signal to websites that a user does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website responds to a web browser’s DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about a user. Because the technological standards for DNT signals are not yet uniform, presently responding to DNT signals is optional for websites and many websites do not respond to DNT signals. This Website does not currently respond to DNT signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing DNT signals, this Website would be open to following such industry standards.
What Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): This is information that identifies an individual user personally, such as name, email address, phone number, mailing/shipping address, billing address, and payment account information. We do not collect PII from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us or allow us to receive it from a third-party source. We ask for and collect your PII when you engage in an activity on this Website that identifies who you are or how you may be contacted, such as creating an account, submitting a request or inquiry to us, subscribing to our emailing and/or postal mailing lists, engaging in a transaction with us, or signing up for a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion offered on this Website (each, an “Identification Activity”). An Identification Activity also includes linking your account on a third-party social media site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) with your account on this Website (if such linkage is supported by this Website). For example, this Website may support single sign-on that allows you to log into your account on this Website using your account on a third-party social media site, and if you use such feature this Website may automatically receive your information (such as your name and profile photo) from your account on that social media site.
Whether or not to disclose PII is completely your choice. However, without providing PII you will not be able to engage in or complete an Identification Activity. You must be at least 18 years of age to engage in an Identification Activity on this Website.
How We Use and Share Information
The following describes how we use and share our users’ information (including PII) collected on this Website:
- To operate, manage, maintain and improve this Website: This includes using your PII to enable, support, administer and manage your Identification Activities on this Website.
- To share with our affiliated companies for direct marketing purposes: We may share your PII among our affiliated companies so that they may contact you directly about products, services, special offers and promotions, etc. that may be of interest to you.
- To share with unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes: We may share your PII with unaffiliated third parties (including, without limitation, third-party dealers and retailers that offer our products for sale, and third parties with whom we partner to conduct joint marketing or product/service offerings, to co-sponsor sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, to operate a co-branded website, etc.) so that they may contact you directly about products, services, special offers and promotions, etc. that may be of interest to you.
- To share with our service providers: We may share your PII with third-party service providers who have a legitimate need to access your information in order to provide services or support for the operation, maintenance or security of this Website. We require that our service providers limit their use of your information solely to providing services to us and that they safeguard your information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
- To share with others as directed by users: This Website may include social media functionalities that allow you to interact and communicate with other users. If you choose to use such functionalities to share your personal information with other users, your information will be made available to others as directed by you.
Information Access; Data Retention
- Information Access: To view or update your PII (to the extent maintained in our database), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Account Cancellation: You may request to cancel your account on this Website by emailing us at email@example.com, provided that there is no pending transaction, claim or dispute between you and us.
- Data Retention: You may request to delete your PII from our database by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to retain your PII for as long as we deem reasonably necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), to complete a transaction you have made with us, to resolve a claim or dispute between you and us, and/or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and us. Because of its non-personally-identifiable nature, AAI (including UAI that is not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
- Choice Regarding Marketing Communications from Us: You have the choice to stop receiving further marketing communications from us and our affiliated companies. To exercise such choice, please email your request to us at email@example.com. To stop receiving further marketing emails from us and our affiliated companies, you may also use the “unsubscribe” link provided in a marketing/promotional email you previously received. Furthermore, as a part of the account registration process, we may ask you to set your preference with respect to receiving marketing communications from us and our affiliated companies.
- Choice Regarding Information Sharing with Unaffiliated Third Parties for Direct Marketing Purposes: If you prefer that we do not share your PII with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing uses, please email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that to the extent we have already shared your information with third parties prior to your opting out, we will not be able to remove your information from such third parties’ databases and it will be necessary for you to contact such third parties directly if you wish to stop receiving further marketing communications from them.
- Choice Regarding Mobile Messaging: From time to time we may offer mobile messaging programs to our customers. If you participate in one of such programs, you may cancel and terminate your participation in such program at any time by replying STOP to a mobile message you have received, or by texting STOP to the short code used for the messaging program from which you wish to opt out (if you have enrolled in multiple messaging programs on the same short code and wish to opt out from all those programs, text STOP ALL to the short code).
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Web Beacons: This Website may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
- Google Analytics:Google Analytics is a web analytics tool provided by Google that helps websites and online services collect and analyze information about how visitors use and interact with their sites and services, and based on information collected and analyzed through Google Analytics websites and online services can measure the performance of and make improvements to their sites and services. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions on this Website and to collect information about how visitors use this Website. We use the information collected through Google Analytics to help us understand the demographics, usage patterns and interests, trends, etc. about our users. Google Analytics collects and reports usage information anonymously without identifying individual users. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting your use of this Website – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics, please visit google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard the security of this Website and our users’ PII, including limiting information access to only those of our employees, agents, contractors and service providers who need to access such information in order to perform tasks for us, and we require that they not make any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
Despite these efforts, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and, therefore, we and our service vendor cannot guarantee the absolute security of our users’ PII. We will endeavor to notify our users if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of this Website that affects our users’ PII. However, you understand and acknowledge that we are not liable for any breach of security resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email regarding an actual or suspected security breach.
If you have an account on this Website, as an account holder you are responsible for keeping your account login information secure and are responsible for all uses of your account login information. You should keep your account login information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone who is not authorized to access your account. You agree not to transfer your account login information, or lend or otherwise transfer your account access, to any third party. Remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or an Internet cafe.
Joint Offerings With Third Parties
Links to Third Parties Websites
This Website may include areas and functionalities that allow users to post messages, photos or other user-generated content for viewing by others (such as message boards, forums, customer reviews, chat rooms, blogs, etc.) (a “Public Forum Area”). Please exercise extreme caution when revealing personal information in a Public Forum Area. Information revealed by you may be misused by another to harm or harass you. We cannot control and are not responsible or liable for how others may use your information obtained in a Public Forum Area.
This Website is not intended for or directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. You must be at least 18 years of age to engage in an Identification Activity on this Website.